Fund Raising through telemarketing…
How effective do you think Telemarketing is – when the purpose is to approach a target and attempt to convince him/ her to financially support a cause not heard about earlier.
The process, we believe, is flawed in many ways:
1. You receive a call from an unknown person
2. The cause you are being asked to support is in most cases unknown or unheard of previously
3. The person calling you doesn’t work at the organisation and therefore will not be able to answer any specific queries that you might have
4. If the organisation has enough money to hire a call center to help in fund-raising, is it the most deserving organisation to receive your money?
5. It is a very impersonal approach and extremely intrusive to most people – whose first thought is – how did you get my number?
Please share your thoughts on this topic [fund raising through telemarketing] with us. We would love to know what you think.